Passion

Although we have a deep-rooted passion for couture elements throughout our designs, ultimately interior decorating and design should be beautiful, affordable and unique! Hopefully we will inspire you through our blog and website to create a beautiful space that you will love for years to come. Please visit our website for more inspiration!


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Now that Spring has officially arrived you may look around your house and see many things that may need sprucing up. Here is a quick list of things to do now to make the months ahead less stressful:

When you are out in the yard playing with your kids, grab a bag from the garage and take the dead perennial growth from last year and help spruce up your yard a little at a time. Be careful, wear gloves and do not forget the sunscreen. Need help? Call a professional! I use Four Seasons Outdoor Services out of Cottage Grove, MN

Use a solution of vinegar and water and clean your windows from the inside, along with a wide squeegie. I always take off my screens in the fall and clean them and store them for the winter. That way I only have to clean them once per year.

Start your seeds NOW. This will save you a great deal of money on your vegetable garden and flower pots/boxes. I started growing seeds for the first time this year and I was surprised at how easy it was. I planted on Saturday and some are aleady 5 inches high! I just put them in a sunny location inside our patio door on the floor.

This is a great time to check/change the batteries in your smoke detectors. You can never be too safety conscious.

On another safety note, be sure to replenish the items in the roadside emergency kit that you keep in your car. Even though it is summer, you still should have a kit in your car. Also be sure that your first aid kit is replenished and ready to go.

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning our home inside and out can be very exhausting. I also wear gloves and apply sunscreen when cleaning and sprucing up my yard. But I have to try that thing where you used water and vinegar to clean your windows. It sounds interesting.

    Elnora Turmelle

    ReplyDelete